ACTual Solutions successfully works with numerous school districts to provide a certified teacher and accommodate the needs of students that are approved for home instruction. We work with hundreds of certified teachers, and are able to quickly contract with the district to have a teacher in place to meet the state mandated deadlines.
New Jersey Law NJAC 6A:16-10.1 dictates the following:
- The school district must provide and pay for home instructional services for any enrolled student from kindergarten through 12th grade, up to the age of 21 years old.
- To be approved for home instruction, a student must be confined to the home or another out of school setting due to a temporary or chronic illness.
- The student's physician must document the projected need for confinement at the student's residence or other treatment setting for more than 10 consecutive days or 20 cumulative school days during the school year.
- The parent must submit the documentation to the school district and request home instruction.
- The school district's school physician must approve or deny the instruction within five school days of the request being submitted.
- The school then has an additional five school days to notify the parent of the approval or denial.
- If the home instruction is approved, the school district MUST provide instructional services within five school days after receipt of the school physician's verification.
- Or, if verification is made prior to the student's confinement, during the first week of the student's confinement to the home or out-of-school setting.
- The full law can be read here:
If you have any questions about the home instruction process, or are in need of a teacher, please call us at 908-464-1997, and we will be more than happy to discuss your options.